The Ph.D. Forum at ADCOM is a short-paper session for PhD students to present and discuss their dissertation research with people in the Computational and Communications Sciences. It is a platform for PhD students to get feedback on their research and for industry to see academic work in progress. Participation in the forum is competitive with acceptance rate of around 30%. The forum is open to all doctoral students in Computer Science, Electronics and Communication Engineering disciplines.
- Research Students with at least one published or accepted conference, symposium or journal paper.
- Dissertation topic must be relevant to the ADCOM community.
- Submission Deadline: July 31st 2015
- Notification Date: August 15th 2015
- Forum Presentation: 18th/19th/20th September 2015 at the ADCOM 2015 venue
- Submission Requirements
- A two-page PDF abstract of the dissertation (in two-column format, using 10-11 pt. fonts and single-spaced lines), including name, institution, advisor, contact information, as well as figures, and bibliography (if applicable). The two-page limit on the abstract will be strictly enforced: any material beyond the second page will be truncated before sending to the reviewers. A select list of papers authored or co-authored by the student, related to the dissertation topic and included in the two-page abstract, will strengthen the submission.
- Papers on topics unrelated to the dissertation abstract or not yet accepted will not be considered during the review process.
- Accepted abstract will be requited short papers will be indexed on IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
- The abstract is the key part of your submission. Write the abstract for someone familiar with your technical area, but entirely unfamiliar with your work. Clearly indicate the motivation of your Ph.D. dissertation topic, the uniqueness of your approach, as well as the potential impact your approach may have on the topic.
- Proper spelling, grammar, and coherent organization are critical: remember that the two pages may be the only information about yourself and your PhD research available to the reviewers.
- All submissions must be made my email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject line Phd Forum 2015 Submission.
If you have questions on the PhD Forum, please contact the Chair Dr. Amit Kumar, Vice-Chairman, IEEE India Council at email@example.com