The PhD Forum at ADCOM is a short-paper session for PhD students to present and discuss their dissertation research with people in the Computational and Communications Sciences. It is a platform for PhD students to get feedback on their research and for industry to see academic work in progress. Participation in the forum is competitive and is open to all doctoral students working on relevant area in Computer Science, Electronics and Communication Engineering and related disciplines.
- Research scholars with at least one published or accepted Conference, Symposium or Journal paper
- Dissertation topic must be relevant to the ADCOM community.
- Important Dates
- Submission Deadline: July 15th 2017
- Notification Date: August 5th 2017
- Forum Presentation: 9th/10th September 2017 at the ADCOM 2017 venue
- Submission Requirements
- A four-page short paper in PDF format of the dissertation or research (in two-column format, using 10 pt. font and single-spaced lines), including name, institution, advisor, contact information, as well as figures, and bibliography (if applicable). The four -page limit will be strictly enforced. A select list of papers authored or co-authored by the student, related to the dissertation topic and included in the four-page write-up, will strengthen the submission.
- Papers on topics unrelated to the dissertation will not be considered during the review process.
- Accepted short papers will be indexed on IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
- Write the paper for someone familiar with your technical area, but entirely unfamiliar with your work.
- Clearly indicate the motivation of your PhD dissertation topic, the uniqueness of your approach, as well as the potential impact your approach may have on the topic.
- Proper spelling, grammar, and coherent organization are critical: remember that the four pages may be the only information about yourself and your PhD research available to the reviewers.
- If the paper is accepted for the Forum, only the author (PhD Student) should make the presentation. Authors presenting the papers must register for the conference
- Submissions only through EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=adcom2017
- Title of the PhD Forum submissions must start with “PhD Forum 2017 – [title of your paper] ”
If you have questions on the PhD Forum, please write to us at email@example.com
For more information on the Conference
Phone Number: +91 80 2630 7142
Secretary, ADCOM 2017
Advanced Computing & Communications Society
Gate #2, C. V. Raman Avenue
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India