ACCS initiated the ACCS-CDAC Foundation award to recognize exceptional individuals in computing and communications sciences. The Award instituted in 2004, with the Center for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC), fosters the development and dissemination of the theory and applications of Computing and Communications sciences. The Award is given to the outstanding contributions and accomplishments that have had a significant and demonstrable effect on the practice of computing and communications.
Nominations for the ACCS-CDAC Foundation are called for six months ahead of the society’s annual flagship Advanced Computing and Communications (ADCOM) conference and the winner is chosen by a select committee constituted by the Executive Council of the ACCS. The award committee has a representation each from ACCS and CDAC besides the outstanding individuals from the industry.
The award is conferred annually at a plenary session of the ADCOM and carries a cash prize INR 100,000, a plaque and a citation. The prize money may be subject to taxes as imposed by the Government of India. The awardee delivers the ACCS-CDAC Foundation Lecture at a plenary session of the ADCOM conference.
ACCS-CDAC Foundation Lecture Awards Nomination Norms
The following norms may kindly be kept in view while forwarding nominations:
- The nominee should have made outstanding contributions- fundamental or applied – to the broad areas of Computing and Communication sciences. The Award intends to recognize contributions of extraordinary depth that has had significant impact in their field.
- While there is no specific age limit, preference will be given to recent work (over the last 10 years), to encourage active researchers conducting contemporary research.
- The nominee should be an Indian resident who have done world-class work in India in any industry, academia or research labs.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted
- The winner is chosen by a select committee of the ACCS CDAC Foundation and their decision shall be final. In the event, no suitable candidate is found from among the nominations, the Select Committee may pick a candidate of international repute for the honor.
- The winner will deliver the Foundation Lecture covering his research at a plenary session of the annual Advanced Computing and Communications Conference (ADCOM) in the current year.