ACCS ARM Design Contest: Student Presentation Guidelines
Here’s how we would like your presentations at ADCOM 2014 on Mon, September 22, 2014:
Keep the presentations Short (Describe Idea in Few Words), Sweet (Present Idea Pleasantly) and Crisp (Convey Idea Clearly and Consequently Quickly). Each presenting Team gets 7 minutes. Use Pictures, Images, Schematics instead of Text on Slides. It would make sense to have all members of a team along with their mentor be at the presentation, but it is not mandatory. Only one member need present the slides.
Here’s how you would want to create slides: Slides/Posters should have the following Sections
- SLIDE 1: Title with Student and Mentor Names – 15 secs for audience to read
- SLIDE 2: Objective (WHAT Challenge you are trying to address) and the Need (WHY you think this Challenge is so Important) – 2 min for you to present
- SLIDE 3: Problem Statement (HIGH-LEVEL VIEW of System you are trying to build to address the Challenge) – 1 min for you to present
- SLIDE 4: Structural and Functional details (HOW the System is going to be built) – 2 min for you to present
- SLIDE 5: Merits of your System (Solution) with regard to alternatives or as seen on its own (WHY you think your Solution should be considered for the particular Challenge it is intended to address) – 1 min for you to present
- DEMO (Optional): Demo of sorts, if applicable or ready – 1 min for you to present
Thanks, Sadanand Gulwadi
Is it necessary for all the team members to be present there??? Or else on from team is sufficient??
Is it necessary for all the team members to be present there??? Or else one from a team is sufficient??
Thanks. The blog post has been edited to answer this question. Hope your question is answered now in the blog itself.
What is the schedule and timings of the event?
Incidentally, these details are at http://accsindia.org/accs-adcom-2014-prg.html. Even so, just as you were able to glide down
to the blog page using the menu on the main ADCOM 2014 page to post this question, you could also have similarly glided down to
the program details using the menu on the main ADCOM 2014 page.