ACCS DESIGN CHALLENGE 2022 – Call for Participation
The Advanced Computing and Communications Society (ACCS) announces the 7th annual ACCS Design Challenge (ADC 2022), to be hosted at International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIITB).
ACCS is a registered scientific society founded in 2001 to provide a forum for individuals, institutions and industry to encourage debate and promote Computing and Communication technologies. Headquartered at IISc. Bangalore, ACCS is widely recognized as a premier not-for-profit organization in India delivering a broad array of resources that advance professional development.
ACCS administers the design challenge, assisted by industry professionals as required, to provide engineering students opportunities for learning beyond curriculum and solve real-life challenges using state-of-the-art technologies, thus becoming more relevant to the professional world.
ADC provides students with an opportunity to:
- Study current status and challenges in the real world and identify opportunities for improvement
- Evolve innovative and cost-effective solutions relevant and appropriate to the application environment, based on creative utilization of cutting edge, evolving technologies
- Develop product skills spanning Hardware, Software, Design and System Engineering
- Understand Product Development Lifecycle and Project management in embedded systems
- Get to know potential employers through constant interactions over the duration of the challenge, possibly leading to internships and placements
Proposals for ADC 2022, in the prescribed format are invited in the domains of Healthcare, Energy Management, Smart Transportation Systems, IOT, Agriculture and Wearable technologies. Designs should be centered on any 32-bit or 64-bit microcontroller boards, developed around industry standard platforms like Mbed, OpenSDA. Participants are encouraged to use free and open-source software tools (FOSS).
Proposals must be received on or before 17th October 2022 and will be screened for their uniqueness of concept, innovation and implementation plan. Teams will be invited to present the What, Why and How of their project – with the help of a demo wherever possible, and posters during December, 2022 at Bangalore. Path-breaking innovative projects will advance to the next round to develop a working prototype. The top 10-15 teams will compete in the finals for awards / cash prizes and possible opportunities for internship and placements. Click here for detailed Rules and Regulations of the challenge. Participants must download and return an executed copy of the same with their proposal.
|Proposals must be received by||17th October 2022|
|Review – Presentation, Demonstration |
at IIIT Bangalore during