Nominations are invited for the ACCS-CDAC Foundation Award for the year 2014
BANGALORE, May 05, 2014 – The Advanced Computing and Communications Society (ACCS) is pleased to invite nominations for the ACCS-CDAC Foundation Award for 2014. Nominations are sought from Computing and Communications professionals in industry, academia and research laboratories on behalf outstanding individuals who have made exceptional contributions in these disciplines.
The ACCS – CDAC Foundation Award was instituted jointly by the Advanced Computing and Communication Society and the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) in the year 2004 to recognize and honor individuals that have made outstanding contributions in the broad areas of Advanced Computing and Communications. Each year, the Executive Council of the ACCS constitutes a committee of eminent persons from the industry and academia to select and honor an individual of national/international repute in the sciences. The Award will be presented at the inaugural event of this year’s Annual International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communications (ADCOM 2014). The chosen recipient in any particular year will have the distinction of delivering the ACCS-CDAC Foundation Lecture at a plenary session of the conference.
Honored recipients of the ACCS-CDAC Foundation Award to date are:
- Prof. Jayant Haritsa, Professor, Computer Science & Automation IISc, Bangalore 
- Prof. Santanu Chaudhury, Electrical Engineering, IIT Delhi and Prof. Vinod Sharma, Electrical Communication Engineering, IISc, Bangalore 
- Dr. Vijay K. Bhargava of University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada 
- Dr. Raj Jain, Professor of Computer Science, Washington University at St. Louis, USA and Dr. Anurag Kumar, Divisional Chairman, Electrical Sciences, IISc, Bangalore 
- Dr. N. Balakrishnan, Associate Director, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Dr. Vijay P. Bhatkar, Chairman, ETH Research Lab / DishnetDSL Limited, Pune 
- Dr. Dharma P. Agarwal, OBR Distinguished Professor of Computer Science, Univ. Cincinnati, USA 
- Dr. David K. Kahaner, Founding Director, Asian Technology Information Program 
- Dr. S. Ramani, Director, HP Labs India 
Nominations close on 27th June 2014 (Friday).
For further information on how to nominate, please visit http://accsindia.org/awards/
Please send in your nominations in the prescribed format ON OR BEFORE Monday, 27th June 2014 to:
OR by mail to:
Advanced Computing and Communication Society
Gate No. 2, C. V. Raman Avenue
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560 012
Tel: (+91 80) 2360 7142